Online Pool Games
Current time: 11-18-2017, 06:05 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tapping explanation
10-27-2017, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2017 08:36 PM by Sик Lεgεиd.)
Tapping explanation
Thought I'd create this since some people have no idea what tapping really means or how it works. But I could be wrong so correct me if I am, playing safe personally I don't think that's tapping that's how real snooker players play if you ever watch snooker on TV. When you know or can't pot a ball straight or don't see a pocket available if you're smart enough you'd play the ball safe or try to snook your opponent right? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Tapping is when you don't even try or bother hitting the object ball if you're snookered or not, you foul yourself and give your opponent the points that's called TAPPING. If everyone thinks playing safe and not hit hoping is called tapping please watch real snooker players play on youtube, see how they play safe and don't even go most of the times for the hard pots.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2017, 09:23 PM
RE: Tapping explanation
You should always least have a half hearted attempt to hit the object ball, if not then you're not playing the game right. Tapping is purposely not attempting to hit the object ball to give yourself the advantage.

Granted if you play someone in the lobby, the only rules are the ones built into the game, and obviously no third-party software, but in tournaments are where these rules come into play more. If your opponent taps in a non-tourny game then they're just not being nice, but in a tourny they can get disqualified.

Adam.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-27-2017, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2017 11:57 PM by ☜ ҾҲѲ ☞.)
fffs ridiculous Confused

http://www.8baller.co.uk/forum/thread-13668.html

[Image: 10553626_320321364798008_425186090117324...cf994d.jpg]
10-28-2017, 07:26 PM
(10-27-2017 09:23 PM)ИoFєʌʀ Wrote:  You should always least have a half hearted attempt to hit the object ball, if not then you're not playing the game right. Tapping is purposely not attempting to hit the object ball to give yourself the advantage.

Right say for example I potted red and now I'm on color If I can't find to pot a color ball into a pocket why on earth would I risk smashing it instead? So therefore I'd snook you, same goes with Red.. I'm not that type of a player that smashes and hopes for the best unlike some players, If you're a smart player you'll play the game smart. Some people think even if you have the chance of pot a ball you don't take that chance instead you play safe and slow, so then that becomes tapping??? (Don't think so) Rolleyes
10-29-2017, 03:37 PM
(10-28-2017 07:26 PM)Sик Lεgεиd Wrote:  
(10-27-2017 09:23 PM)ИoFєʌʀ Wrote:  You should always least have a half hearted attempt to hit the object ball, if not then you're not playing the game right. Tapping is purposely not attempting to hit the object ball to give yourself the advantage.

Right say for example I potted red and now I'm on color If I can't find to pot a color ball into a pocket why on earth would I risk smashing it instead? So therefore I'd snook you, same goes with Red.. I'm not that type of a player that smashes and hopes for the best unlike some players, If you're a smart player you'll play the game smart. Some people think even if you have the chance of pot a ball you don't take that chance instead you play safe and slow, so then that becomes tapping??? (Don't think so) Rolleyes

You've misunderstood what I said. If you can't hit the object ball, so you purposely don't even go for it for your advantage.

Adam.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-29-2017, 04:05 PM
(10-29-2017 03:37 PM)ИoFєʌʀ Wrote:  
(10-28-2017 07:26 PM)Sик Lεgεиd Wrote:  

You've misunderstood what I said. If you can't hit the object ball, so you purposely don't even go for it for your advantage.

I've understood what you've said, but it's the other way around.. If you can go for a object ball and don't feel confident that it will go in, you can just play the ball safe right? So that's not called tapping.
10-29-2017, 06:49 PM
no playing safe or snookering someone is NOT tapping
tapping is when you are snookered by the other player but instead of trying to hit a red you just tap the ball leaving the player in the same snooker which ofcourse is not fair most decent players dont tap but theres always some that do

[Image: muttley.jpg]
10-29-2017, 07:08 PM
(10-27-2017 11:41 PM)☜ ҾҲѲ ☞ Wrote:  fffs ridiculous Confused

http://www.8baller.co.uk/forum/thread-13668.html

Yep Exo .... seems to come back around from time to time.

http://www.8baller.co.uk/teams/2848/
10-29-2017, 08:54 PM
Thanks bob, I put this thread up because few days ago I was playing someone and kept playing safe since I'm not that type of a player that likes to hit and hope therefore I was being called a tapper, which then I've explained to that person it's not really called tapping. Tapping is when you don't even try bother hitting the object ball but playing safe and hitting the object ball slow is not called tapping.

Anyways cheers.
10-30-2017, 01:21 PM
Sounds like a traditional case of a jealous player who is simply not very good compared to the opponent and having a cry about it when the game is already over Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Help | News | Articles | Privacy Policy | Game Rules | Pool Games | Online Pool | Advertising | UK Teen Chat

8Baller.co.uk is a free online pool game that lets you play thousands of players from around the world at online pool and online snooker games. we have 8ball pool, 9ball pool, straight pool and snooker games available. Registration is free to play our online pool games. You can also create your own free online pool team.
8Baller.co.uk | Contact us
Found any bugs or errors? Please report them here