Online Pool Games
Current time: 07-17-2018, 02:36 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toplawyer32 vs Cheekz: Snooker or Tap?
02-18-2018, 01:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 01:57 AM by toplawyer3232.)
Toplawyer32 vs Cheekz: Snooker or Tap?
Edit #1: I would like to add that there were no fouls at all in our game, too. Cheekz can confirm this. A tap involves fouling, but our game involved no fouls.

Hello all,

I have been on this website for roughly six to seven months now. Many of you do not know me. I am not introverted by any means, but I do not associate myself to many people. I have made some friends on this website but I do not know all of the moderators or long-timers.

Recently, I played in a tournament that was hosted by DirtySweet on February 17th in Tournament Room 1. The tournament was snooker, no guide, no break, and the best of three. The first round of the tournament I automatically advanced due to a person not showing up (lucky me). In the second round of the tournament, I faced Cheekz. I am told that Cheekz is a moderator but I wouldn't know because I do not talk or associate much on this site.

Anyways, Cheekz sent me an invite to our snooker game and I did not accept because I was preoccupied (I just missed the ten second count down). I sent her an invite and apologized for missing her invitation. The game started off slow. Neither one of us could really hit our shots, unfortunately. Then, Cheekz caught an early lead (17-5). She then hit a red ball in and a colored ball to make the score 26-5. I was desperate to catch up. I got lucky and hit my red ball in and a colored ball to cut the lead down. Pay attention carefully because this is where the controversy comes into play: I hit a red ball into the pocket. There was only one red ball left on the table and the remaining colored balls. In an effort to snook Cheekz, I hit my white cue ball strategically behind the eight ball, effectively snookering her. This outraged her and caused her to send a message saying, "Quit tapping the balls." I was completely shocked. This person is accusing me of tapping the ball when I effectively and strategically snookered them. Confused, perplexed, and flabbergasted, I politely asked her how I tapped? Cheekz IMMEDIATELY left the game and said in the lobby that she would not continue playing with me because I tap.

Now, I explained to everyone in the lobby, the host included, that I did not tap. I reaffirmed everyone by letting them know that I KNOW the rules of snooker; I was born into a family that heavily plays snooker and pool. Cheekz asked me what my knowledge of playing pool in real life has to do with what happened in our game. I politely and confidently told her that I would know the difference between playing it safe/snookering and tapping. I suggested that maybe she was unaware of the difference and this is when I was booted offline. Don't get me wrong, arguing with a moderator is not the wisest thing to do. I was raised in a family that firmly believes in respecting people in positions of power, elderly, elders, and authority. I was not trying to undermine Cheekz authority at all. I just feel that I was not justifiably given the opportunity to explain or justify what happened in our game.

I opened up a game against the CPU and showed everyone what happened in our game, and I even had a few people tell me that I should make a video explaining what happened because they feel that I am right (whole different topic). I am making this post because I feel that I was not properly allowed the opportunity to defend myself against Cheekz statement, even when I showed the host and everyone in the lobby what I did against Cheekz. Cheekz flat out denied that my move happened and insisted that I tapped.

I am not a dishonest person. I will not name nicknames in case these people do not want to be mentioned, but there are players that can attest to my sportsmanlike conduct and respectfulness. I did not intend to cause mayhem but I do not like being accused of something that did not happen. Below I will give a proper explanation of a tap and a snooker. If anyone disagrees with my explanation, please correct me. I am open to hearing other peoples opinions. I am not a hostile person, and I will not intentionally attack anyone verbally or mentally.

Here is my explanation of a tap and snooker: A snooker is when a person effectively hits a ball within legality (for example, hitting a colored ball when it is time to hit colors) in an attempt to snooker the other person. A snooker is where a person puts their opponent in a position where they have no legal shot (of course doing so in a legal way). This is when a player effectively pots the ball in a manner that makes it hard, if not impossible, for the opposing player to get out of. The opposing player is then left to either snooker the player that snookered them or to attempt to hit the correct ball. The objective of snooker is to play the game safe while effectively trying to win. If a person were to nonchalantly smash the balls and weren't allowed to snooker then it would defeat the objective of snooker. The intention behind a snooker is to not foul. If a person fouls then they are doing whats called tapping.

Tapping is when a person intentionally fouls by not attempting to hit the intended ball. An example of tapping would be if Player 1 were supposed to hit the yellow ball, but the yellow ball was obstructed by the blue and eight ball. If the player hit the cue ball in the opposite direction and it was evidently clear that they were not attempting, in any way, to hit the yellow ball then they are tapping. Tapping is simply when a person refused to attempt to hit the objective ball or to snooker. Instead, they bypass snookering by hitting their ball, usually centimeters away, from all the other balls, resulting in an unfair snooker and FOUL. This is where the difference comes into play.

How does this relate to the instance of Cheekz and I? I had just hit my red ball into the pot and there was only one red ball left on the table. I wanted to make it strategically hard for Cheekz to have access to the red ball, but I did not want to foul or tap. What did I do? I snookered her. That's right, I hit my cue ball and it brushed against two colored balls and obstructed her access to hitting the red ball (well, she could have hit it with proper technique and skill, but that is another topic for another day). This prompted her to accuse me of being a tapper and me being disqualifed from the tournament.

Tell me, what do you all think? I know I am the new fish on the website and everyone probably knows who Cheekz is. I do not hold a grudge against Cheekz. I want to make that clear. I may have said some things that Cheekz thought was rude but I was not intending to be rude in an form. I was upset that I was accused of being tapped and that I was not adequately given proper representation.

Thank you for hearing me out, everyone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2018, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 04:05 AM by m.moeen.)
RE: Toplawyer32 vs Cheekz: Snooker or Tap?
Hi Mr. Toplawyer Smile

i am here on your wish Smile

u explained very well, i have a very short answer of all this situation what i ll tell u at the end but first as u explain something about you so i want to say something about that,

as u said
"I was raised in a family that firmly believes in respecting people in positions of power, elderly, elders, and authority."

now i feel proud to have a such person here you know why ? because in our family (from where i belong) we also believes in respecting people, now i ll say that what i saw in lobby when u were saying things whatever that were that was also a disrespect , u know how ? ok, arguing with elders, seniors or authorities is also means to not conduct respect (directly or indirectly).

2nd thing is as we all know cheekz she is well known about tapping too, it may possible that any misunderstanding happens but it does not mean that she did it intentionally that not to understand ur point there, so as you said that you are new here we warmly welcomes you and i personally welcomes you to this site, but here 1 thing i want to suggest you, try to understand the people here, you long stay here is depend on what u have inside you and what you bring on here, i hope u will understand.

and as i said the answer at the end of all this love letter is
Rules are Rules no one can argue when a mod or a host in any torny take any decision. (if u have respect for them)

Thank you
(sorry if my words make you not understand coz of my poor english)

[Image: xg0bvb.jpg]
02-18-2018, 09:42 PM
The part that seems missing is the fact that Cheekz said your explanation is not what she saw happen. .....so, the the question can't be....snooker or tap, when both players have 2 different versions of what took place....and no others were watching the match.

I guess it comes down to....who believes who? .....or who saw what? I don't think anyone really wants to go down that road.

http://www.8baller.co.uk/teams/2848/
02-18-2018, 10:19 PM
(02-18-2018 09:42 PM)☁єgℓє ΘŁD☁ lsp Wrote:  The part that seems missing is the fact that Cheekz said your explanation is not what she saw happen. .....so, the the question can't be....snooker or tap, when both players have 2 different versions of what took place....and no others were watching the match.

I guess it comes down to....who believes who? .....or who saw what? I don't think anyone really wants to go down that road.

I respectfully disagree, my friend. The question is simple: was my move(s) a snooker or tap? It is binary because there is no in between; it is not a spectrum, it is either a snooker or a tap.

Also, I posted this in the forum because I wanted to give my account of what happened while the event was still fresh in my head. I was given a fifteen minute chat ban on the website for venting in frustration when a player suggested I post on the forums. I acknowledge that Cheekz understanding of what happened is probably different than mine. There are only three people that know what happened: Cheekz, me, and the good man up stairs (God).

As mentioned before, what I find most irking is that everyone immediately errs on the side of a moderator when an issue arises and no one else witnessed it. I am not saying that Cheekz is dishonest or would lie about what happened but I am arguing that I should be granted more credibility than I was given yesterday after the event unfolded. I've acknowledged that I am the new guy but does that really mean my opinion on what happened does not hold weight relative to a moderators perception?

You are right, it does come down to who believes who. I can, as many times as necessary, re-enact exactly what happened on the tables in a game against a player or the CPU for anyone that is interested. The great thing about America, where I am from, is that our Criminal Justice System presumes all people to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. All suspects are given a fair and equal trial to determine if they are at guilt or if there is insufficient evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to show their guilt. I know this is a just an online pool website and I shouldn't look much into it but it was just something that irked me. I like to play for fun, as does everyone else. I am a two star - I'm not competitive at all. Just because I'm a two star, though, does not mean I do not know the rules of Snooker. As mentioned in my original post, I grew up in a family that heavily played billiards.

Anyways, have a good weekend and maybe we can play a game sometime.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Help | News | Articles | Privacy Policy | Game Rules | Pool Games | Online Pool | Advertising | UK Teen Chat

8Baller.co.uk is a free online pool game that lets you play thousands of players from around the world at online pool and online snooker games. we have 8ball pool, 9ball pool, straight pool and snooker games available. Registration is free to play our online pool games. You can also create your own free online pool team.
8Baller.co.uk | Contact us
Found any bugs or errors? Please report them here