Online Pool Games
Current time: 05-24-2018, 10:34 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
April Madness -- Seeded Tournament
04-05-2018, 05:23 AM
April Madness -- Seeded Tournament
Hey Everyone,

If you do not know who I am, my name is Josh. I was playing a game against Pain Returns, also known as Abdi, when I came up with an idea that I think would be appealing to the active members of this site. Similar to March Madness in America (if you aren't familiar, google it), we should have a seeded tournament of all the players that voluntarily choose to participate. I think that the tournament would be fun, competitive, and allow us to interact with new people. Below are my ideas of how the bracket would be created and how the tournament structure would follow:

- Ideally, it would be a 64 player bracket. However, since there are not that many active members on the site at any given time, I think a 32 person bracket would be suitable.
- The bracket seeding would be based on rank. All members participating in the tournamnet would be seeded based on their in-game rank. For example, I am a 29 rank in the game so I more-than-likely would be a 15 or 16 seed.
-Similar to a real March Madness basketball game, it would be a best of one game. It would not be best of three like most tournaments hosted on this site. The winner of the game would advance to the next round.
-If there were 64 players, the bracket would be split into four regions of 16 players. If the bracket were 32 players then it would be split into two regions of 16 players.
-To entice the players to join this tournament, I would be willing to offer a $25 dollar gift card of your choice. This could be Amazon, Walmart, McDonalds, Subway, KFC, etc.
-The rules would be no guide and no break. A player that violates these rules would be disqualified form the tournament and forfeit their game to their opponent.
-The game can take place in one day if everyone who participates allocates appropriate time. Otherwise, I can split each game into a different day. However, if the games are split into different days then there will be a specific rule; the caveat to this is that a player who does not show up for their game ON TIME will automatically be disqualified and forfeit their game to their opponent. This rule will be strictly enforced.

Again, this is an idea that I pitched to Abdi in a game we played. Abdi thought it was a good idea and told me that I should mention it on the Sites Suggestion. If anyone thinks this is a good idea or thinks it is a bad idea, or even thinks that there should be different rules, etc, please let me know. I want to make this happen because I think it would be unique and allow us to crown the unofficial best player on 8baller. Maybe there will even be some upsets; who knows?

This is a link to the rules and structure of a March Madness bracket/tournament (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Divis...ournament)

If there is an overwhelming support for this tournament, then I will create a seperate thread for signing up.

Best,
Josh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2018, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2018 09:44 AM by Єѕя-ҚASḨIƑ.)
RE: April Madness -- Seeded Tournament
Awsome idea but where are players.....lol, 16 players tourney is a hard target these days . so its not can be possible.

[Image: transparentlarge1.png]
We are The team
Boyond The nations
Boyond The religions
We are The players
We are symbol spirit of sport
You have? You Welcome
04-05-2018, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2018 05:28 PM by toplawyer3232.)
I think it is possible to have a 32 player tournament. If there is a date arranged and all active players that choose to participate in the tournament show up for the date, then it would be enough. The reason that there are not as many people in regular tournaments, such as randoms vs a team, or randoms vs randoms, is because these tournaments are readily available. There is no demand to play a tournament on a certain day because it will likely be available again in a few days. The exclusivity of this tournament (being once a year) is that it offers an opportunity for an 8baller to play among their peers and play for bragging rights. If I set up a sign-up sheet in a new thread, I would think that it would be easy to get 32 players. Thank you for the feedback though. I appreciate it. Smile

Also, I think the prize is enticing for players to participate. The tournament costs nothing but time and the prize is a free $25.00 gift card. Who wouldn't want to play? Tongue
(04-05-2018 05:27 PM)toplawyer3232 Wrote:  I think it is possible to have a 32 player tournament. If there is a date arranged and all active players that choose to participate in the tournament show up for the date, then it would be enough. The reason that there are not as many people in regular tournaments, such as randoms vs a team, or randoms vs randoms, is because these tournaments are readily available. There is no demand to play a tournament on a certain day because it will likely be available again in a few days. The exclusivity of this tournament (being once a year) is that it offers an opportunity for an 8baller to play among their peers and play for bragging rights. If I set up a sign-up sheet in a new thread, I would think that it would be easy to get 32 players. Thank you for the feedback though. I appreciate it. Smile
04-05-2018, 06:45 PM
well 1 prob there are many ppl who play much better then their rank would suggest
i know many two or even one stars that play as good as 3 or 4 , which ofc is cheating , if you have a very low rank but play well then you must have lost many on purpose , they like this they find it fun to beat a four star who thinks it will be easy .
so how will you rank ppl like this ?

[Image: giphy.gif]
04-05-2018, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2018 08:22 PM by toplawyer3232.)
That is an interesting point. I did not know that people intentionally made themselves lower ranks just so they could beat higher ranks. I really suppose that I would have to consult a person that has been here for a long time and ask for their opinion on the players in the tournament. If there are players that are notoriously know for losing games to be a lower rank then I can adjust them accordingly to their skill level. It would have to be a on case-to-case basis. I am a one star, but I am a one star because I have lost a lot of good games to good players. That is a good point, though. Smile
(04-05-2018 06:45 PM)Dɨʀʈʏʂɯʒʒʈ Wrote:  well 1 prob there are many ppl who play much better then their rank would suggest
i know many two or even one stars that play as good as 3 or 4 , which ofc is cheating , if you have a very low rank but play well then you must have lost many on purpose , they like this they find it fun to beat a four star who thinks it will be easy .

At the same time, though, it would not benefit them to be a low seed in this tournament. The lower seeds have the biggest challenge because they have to face the toughest opponents. If I ranked a one star higher because they were known for intentionally lowering their rank, it would only make it easier for them to win the tournament. I think it would be fair to make a "cheating" one or two star player a low rank because it would give them the toughest competition, and that's what they want, right? Big Grin
(04-05-2018 08:20 PM)toplawyer3232 Wrote:  That is an interesting point. I did not know that people intentionally made themselves lower ranks just so they could beat higher ranks. I really suppose that I would have to consult a person that has been here for a long time and ask for their opinion on the players in the tournament. If there are players that are notoriously know for losing games to be a lower rank then I can adjust them accordingly to their skill level. It would have to be a on case-to-case basis. I am a one star, but I am a one star because I have lost a lot of good games to good players. That is a good point, though. Smile
(04-05-2018 06:45 PM)Dɨʀʈʏʂɯʒʒʈ Wrote:  well 1 prob there are many ppl who play much better then their rank would suggest
04-05-2018, 10:07 PM
i like this idea and i support it, i would say the fairest way to make such a seed would to make a list of all the players like you do in tournaments say F.A cup or Champions league and give everyone a number, then take that list of numbers to a website called random.org, which randomally generates numbers from 1 to whatever. this way the outcome would be totally random and fair. Dont base the seed on stars or rate, because everyone has there own skill. I would be happy to help on this idea and also support making a pot for the champion, nice idea josh

[Image: 32402340_2177843665589718_2841721337091719168_n.png]
04-05-2018, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2018 10:42 PM by ⑧Яiрleу™.)
Yeah defiantly like the idea Josh. The thing is, will the members come back to participate? People always say they will be their and never turn up or maybe leave during the tournaments. I think if we did do this properly, we want to advertise a good couple of months in advanced and we want to get 8ballers domain back all over the internet.
Facebook.
Twitter.
Instagram.
YouTube.
Other pool forums..ETC.
Another thing as well what we have to keep in mind is that not every member here at 8baller goes by the standard *AM/PM* time. As some of us may be here, some country's it could be 4am in the morning. So I defiantly recommend there is a lot of thought put into this if it is considered, maybe 3 or 4 host's to do different times throughout the day and like Ding said all the names shuffled so the games are equal. But, then again there will be arguments if a 1 star is paired with a 4 star. Best of luck with your idea fella, I'll be fully supportive and I'm willing to put funds also towards a pot for the overall winner/winners.
04-06-2018, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2018 08:11 AM by toplawyer3232.)
Hey,
Here's my drunken response, as promised. Tongue Thanks for the support. I think that the random number generator is a good idea. This would allow for the tournament to be fair and equal to everyone. I like this idea. I would appreciate your help in this tournament since you have been around for a while. I think the more people that contribute to the pot, the better the games and bigger the outcome. Thanks. Smile
(04-05-2018 10:07 PM)Encrypted Wrote:  i like this idea and i support it, i would say the fairest way to make such a seed would to make a list of all the players like you do in tournaments say F.A cup or Champions league and give everyone a number, then take that list of numbers to a website called random.org, which randomally generates numbers from 1 to whatever. this way the outcome would be totally random and fair. Dont base the seed on stars or rate, because everyone has there own skill. I would be happy to help on this idea and also support making a pot for the champion, nice idea josh

Thanks for checking out my post and responding. I agree with you; I think that a random generator would be fair and not create any arguments among players. I think that the advertising would be great. A large pot pool would entice more outsiders to come onto our website and join this tournament. I like your thinking.

I did take into consideration that not everyone is on the same time zone. I would ask each participant what their time zone is so I can best match up players and time. Thanks for the advice. See you around. Smile
(04-05-2018 10:41 PM)Lee ~MΔ§TƐЯ CUEMAИ Wrote:  Yeah defiantly like the idea Josh. The thing is, will the members come back to participate? People always say they will be their and never turn up or maybe leave during the tournaments. I think if we did do this properly, we want to advertise a good couple of months in advanced and we want to get 8ballers domain back all over the internet.
Facebook.
Twitter.
Instagram.
YouTube.
Other pool forums..ETC.
Another thing as well what we have to keep in mind is that not every member here at 8baller goes by the standard *AM/PM* time. As some of us may be here, some country's it could be 4am in the morning. So I defiantly recommend there is a lot of thought put into this if it is considered, maybe 3 or 4 host's to do different times throughout the day and like Ding said all the names shuffled so the games are equal. But, then again there will be arguments if a 1 star is paired with a 4 star. Best of luck with your idea fella, I'll be fully supportive and I'm willing to put funds also towards a pot for the overall winner/winners.
04-07-2018, 10:14 PM
make it happen josh im in

[Image: 32402340_2177843665589718_2841721337091719168_n.png]
04-08-2018, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2018 06:21 AM by ~ I N3V3R R3J3CT ~.)
Definitely in Smile stars don't matter its a tournament whoever you get paired with you cant complain that way when you win it you know you deserved it ! Tongue

Lєσ

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Help | News | Articles | Privacy Policy | Game Rules | Pool Games | Online Pool | Advertising | UK Teen Chat

8Baller.co.uk is a free online pool game that lets you play thousands of players from around the world at online pool and online snooker games. we have 8ball pool, 9ball pool, straight pool and snooker games available. Registration is free to play our online pool games. You can also create your own free online pool team.
8Baller.co.uk | Contact us
Found any bugs or errors? Please report them here