Online Pool Games
Current time: 09-21-2019, 03:17 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
A Working Life - Please add.....
03-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Lightbulb A Working Life - Please add.....
From my time on 8baller i have seen that there are users of all ages, but mainly our users are teenagers. I know that when your a teenager your not bothered about getting a job and you love to sponge of mummy and i was the same myself. Just in 1 ear n out the other with me to be honest but now that i have to, i have realised how much these people were trying to help and support me by hounding me into it. Who wants to think about getting a job when you can just sit at home all day and live off someone else? Not many young people i can tell you.

I thought i'd make this thread for everyone to give a quick description of previous jobs they have had to give the younger people a chance to see what might be involved with certain jobs etc.

Ok i'll go first lol, not much here but ah well at least i'm doing my share Smile

Bricklayer/Labourer -
When i left school i went straight into a job as a bricklayers labourer and then in time i got to do the bricklaying myself. Wasnt the best job in the world. Was hard at times, lots of heavy lifting, blisters and more blisters. If your a 'hands-on' type of person then this is definately something to try your hand at. Might be hard work at times but when you see a finished product that you made then you get alot of satisfaction from that, When i was labouring we would have to set all the equipment out, pile the bricks along where they were needed, clean up throughout the day and keep the bricklayers tooped up with mortar.
As a labourer you can earn from £30 - £120 a day
As a fully qualified bricklayer you can earn from £13'000 - £35'000 a year

Groundworker (Gypo's) -
I'm not proud of this job but after i did the bricklaying thing i somehow ended up gettin involved with a bunch of gypsies and ended up travelling round with then for about 18 months. We travelled all over the UK and moved places every 1 - 2 weeks (usually due to court orders and police)
Personally i loved this job. We used to go out round a town, deliver leaflets and then when we got the job we would either be doing driveways; tarmac, block paving, etc etc. Upvc (plastics around your house) facia boards etc etc. Gardening or pretty much anything we could do for them we would do it. Probably one of the hardest jobs ive had, lots of digging, moving materials etc. Sounds shamefull but when i started with them i used to get £25 a day and then when i got the hand of things a month or 2 later i was on about £120. Not the most respectfull job i must admit but at the time i wanted to try somthing new and this was definately one of the best experiences of my life so far. I don't recommend any pf you try this one but if you like alot of work, new places, nes people and the gypo lifestly then this is a must. I'd go back tomorrow if i could Tongue

Bouncy castle designer and manufacturer -
I got into this job through a friends uncle and at first i was just there helping out. I would pull the materials through the sewing machines on the other end to keep everything flowing and straight, After a while i got to make them myself, easy work but boring. If you can sew straight then this is the job for you lol. After a few months of that i got asked if i could try and design an 18ft x 18ft bouncy castle so i got on the computer, tried my best but the thing looked more like scrambled egg then a bouncy castle lol. I offered to practice free for them and in the end i got the hang of it and found it kinda interesting to see what shapes we could come up with. Once the design is inputted into the computer you have to roll out these massive rolls of material. Input the artwork onto the computer and then this big suction table grips the material, draws the artwork onto it and then cuts it out ready to be painted and sewn together. We had Ryan giggs, Phil and Gary Neville Peter Kay and Big Brother buy bouncy castles from us in the past so even with a quiet job like this you still get to meet some cool people. (shame they were all from manchester tho Sad ). I still do this part time now but not much, it will pick up again as summer comes back around.
If any of you have seen Phoenix Nights by Peter Kay you may have seen a big bouncy castle on their with a big blow up ...ermmm....weiner lol Tongue I designed and made that lol. My 5 mins of fame haha.
Fot this is was on about £30 a day cash in hand to start and then when i'm full time i get £350 a week. A fully qualified manufacturer can earn upto £2000 a week depending on what he can get manufactured.

Removals -
I recently quit this job to look for a new job but i went on a course where i had to do removals for 6 months for these new employers that had recently set up a business. The job involed checking all the vans in the morning. Make sure they are running and stocked with the right equipment for the job. We then had to go to peoples homes, pack up the belongings if neccesary and then load them in the van, take it to the new address wherever it might be and then unload again. Was alot of heavy lifting and too many stairs lol. Everyone seemed to be moving to top floor apartments Tongue This was a great job, the guys i worked with were all great and the tips from the customers wasnt bad either. We also did a cleaning and decorating service for the customers if they needed it too. Wasnt my best bit to the job but every job has its flaws lol. Some days were great where you get up in the morning and then you drive 10 hours just to get to the job. So there is 10 hours wages for sitting in a van sleeping or whatever you want to do lol. The wage wasnt the best and was about £6 an hour but on a monthly wage you could earn around £1500 depending on what hours and what over night work you do. The best tip we received off someone was when we took them to France and we got £600 extra off them and that was shared between the 6 of us Smile Not bad for 2 days work.

Not sure if this will help but its there to see anyways, if you got any questions about any of them jobs there then give me a shout n al be happy to answer them.

Also could you try and add your own please, the more we get here the better they will have an understanding of what jobs to go for and what to stay clear of.

[Image: nnjl1g.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2012, 07:56 AM
RE: A Working Life - Please add.....
Hold on lemme ask my boss for a vacation to read this Tongue
03-12-2012, 10:14 AM
(03-12-2012 07:56 AM)[TJ]Bยttєrfły Wrote:  Hold on lemme ask my boss for a vacation to read this Tongue

Dam right, Took me all night to read!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2012, 11:10 AM
ah well....

No one forced you to read Tongue

03-12-2012, 11:15 AM
(03-12-2012 11:10 AM)(×¢) Bogs Dollocks Wrote:  ah well....

No one forced you to read Tongue

Shh you gypsy, LOL Wink
03-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Dont knock it till you've tried it.

03-12-2012, 11:25 AM
My sisters name is Gypsy Big Grin
03-15-2012, 11:43 PM
I have 2 jobs Angry but we all need money right? Tongue
I work in a gym helping people to lose weight and get themselfs fit and i also work in a shop (i hate it Tongue) both part time but together its full time. Smile
I get good paid for it but im not saying what haha

[Image: Flames%2520Crippler2.gif]
THE FIRE STILL BURNS

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Help | News | Articles | Privacy Policy | Game Rules | Pool Games | Online Pool | Advertising | UK Teen Chat

8Baller.co.uk is a free online pool game that lets you play thousands of players from around the world at online pool and online snooker games. we have 8ball pool, 9ball pool, straight pool and snooker games available. Registration is free to play our online pool games. You can also create your own free online pool team.
8Baller.co.uk | Contact us
Found any bugs or errors? Please report them here